I got home. It is time to move on after:
- the ancient graves of Greyfriars, the Old University buildings and the good conferences of rainy Edinburgh;
- the hipster boutiques of North Laines, the Pier made for old people, Queen’s park, and the good presentations of sunny Brighton;
- the beautiful Regent’s Park, the crowded Camden Town, and the always cosmopolitan streets of cloudy London;
- the less-beautiful-than-expected Place Flagey and Ixelles, the quite-ok Le Chatelen, the exaltation of the interns, and the beer of messy Bruxelles (yeah, I did not go crazy for the city);
- the quiet seaside of Santander (not much, really);
- the total devastation of Kobetamendi*, the modern architecture, the surfing beach of Sopelana, the homosexuals, the Casco Viejo, Deusto and the surfing hostel of rich Bilbao.
Interestingly enough this long virtual trip from Northern to Southern Europe began like this:
… and finishes like this:
*looking back at BBK, the best gigs were definitely those of Ben Howard, Mumford & Sons, Noah & the Whale (all three excellent as expected), Bloc Party (even better than expected), Radiohead (fairly good and not expected), Sum 41 (still good, but less than expected).